Erasmus Student Network VU Amsterdam
ESN VU Amsterdam is the international student association of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. We aim to be a platform for intercultural awareness and learning by enabling international students to meet each other as well as local students. We do this by organising social and cultural activities and establishing links with relevant organisations for internationally-minded students.
ESN VU Amsterdam is a non-profit association run by volunteers. Our association consists of approximately 30 students who commit themselves to a project or part-time basis. The association is managed by a board of seven members. They run ESN VU Amsterdam on a daily basis and can be found during office hours at the VU University StudentDOK room 0D-02 on Wednesdays and Fridays between 12.45 and 13.45. They also coordinate the three committees who organize the activities, facilitate the PR & marketing and commit to fundraising.
Furthermore, ESN VU Amsterdam is also the place you go to for help and advice about your stay in Amsterdam. We can give you advice about the best bars and clubs, transportation, housing and all practical information you need.
ESN VU Amsterdam is part of the international organisation ESN. The organisation is run by an international board and has 528 sections in 40 different countries. To see all the different sections and read more about ESN check out the website.
ESN The Netherlands also has a national board which makes sure there is cooperation between the different sections in one country. For more information about ESN The Netherlands check out their website.
ESN VU Amsterdam offers a diverse program which includes the following activities and many more:
- City Trips – Discover other cities in The Netherlands.
- Weekend Trips - Explore other areas in The Netherlands and neighboring countries.
- International Dinners - Taste dishes from all around the world.
- Sports - Get active during one of our sports activities.
- Social Activities - Get to know your fellow international students and the Dutch volunteers.
- Parties – Have a dance, a laugh and a drink.
- Buddy Program – Become part of a group of international students guided by a local student as a buddy.
- Introduction Weekend - Weekend full of activites focused on getting to know each other and the area